Help with the cleanup crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
what can I get that would eat up GSA? It's a relativly small tank at 20 gallons and I have no way to get rid of my Gold Barbs so there isnt much room as far as space for whatever I get.

bump
as I may have fond someone to take my barbs. any "sucker" fish that wont eat the eyes of my neons?

from what i've read zebra nerite snails will eat gsa. i just bought some, i'll let you know how it goes. i dont think theres anything else that will eat it.

green spot algae

they were $1.89 a piece from arizona aquatic gardens. if you don't ship 1 day they won't gaurantee live arrival. and they dont ship for a week.

i dont know if they really do. i just watched one take a bite at some as it passed over it and it didnt take it off.

I don't know of any fish that can handle cleaning GSA. Types of Algae
http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_algae_eaters.php

I found to get it off the glass easily use a credit card to scrape it off, I don't know how well it would work on an acrylic tank but does work pretty good on a glass tank.

One complaint people have about nerite snails is they lay eggs on glass and the eggs are rather hard to get off.

MAN I wish tehre was a way to ge trid of it. withing 2 weeks its EVERYWHRE :( what am I doing wrong... I have some live plants (non aquatic thanks a lot petco) that will be removed once I get some better plants from a reputable source (already found the guy :D ) and 65 watts (on about 8 hours a day) over 20 gallons (which is probably why it grows so fast.

I dont wntn to add chemicals I just want a way to get rid of it :(

Back
Top Bottom