hood and lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purrfect

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I would like to add plants into my tank. It is 30 g tall Sea clear Aqrylic tank. Then I have there Emperor 280 hanging in the back. No hood nor lights yet. I was thinking to get All-Glass Full hood which has one 18 " bulb, but does that sit well on round corners? Or can one bulb make enough light for a tall planted tank? I think I need 45 - 60 watts. How about these Versa-tops or Canopies and then strip light in top of it. Should I go sraight for someting like that? Does anybody know or have same kind of settings?

purrfect said:
Hi,

I would like to add plants into my tank. It is 30 g tall Sea clear Aqrylic tank. Then I have there Emperor 280 hanging in the back. No hood nor lights yet. I was thinking to get All-Glass Full hood which has one 18 " bulb, but does that sit well on round corners? Or can one bulb make enough light for a tall planted tank? I think I need 45 - 60 watts. How about these Versa-tops or Canopies and then strip light in top of it. Should I go sraight for someting like that? Does anybody know or have same kind of settings?

Go with the versa hood and a good 60-90 Watt strip light on top.

Back
Top Bottom