How big is your weekly water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your weekly PWC?

• Total voters

mandy2936

Aquarium Advice Addict
Out of curiosity, I am interested in knowing what is the most common PWC %.
Feel free to leave a comment explaining why you change the water x amount.
For example, "I do a large PWC because my tank is heavily stocked." or "I am able to do a small PWC because my tank is understocked."

I do 20% weekly which is for peace of mind at this point. It comes out to 45 gallons.

I usually do 30- 50% on my tropical tanks weekly. Then anywhere from 50-75% on my goldfish weekly.

Most of my tanks are pretty much stocked to capacity but well filtered. I do 50% once a week.

I do a 30% every 4 days but that's just my OCD lol

I do a 40% every seven days, mostly because that's what I feel comfortable with. Too much less than that and I feel nervous that my tank is not clean enough haha.

Btw, I love your signature. (y)

I have a 20 gal tall which is still understocked and very well filtered but even so I do two 5-7 gal water changes per week to keep the water clean (with a substrate vacuum as well).

50-60% per week. Water changes to get rid of dissolved organics and other waste that a filter won't collect.

More pwc per week = great water quality
Great water quality = Longer lifespan

I want my little friends to live one or two decades.

I can't do your pole because mine is 30-50% depending on if my kids distract me while the syphon is going... and if the water seems like it needs more changed out.

I do 50 % weekly on my main tank with 2 large fancies because I spoil them with all sorts of treats. I like to keep my nitrate at 5 ppm.

I change 30% of my water weekly This is combined with vacuuming the sand.I remove every rock,cichlid stone and plant to do this.Roughly this takes about 2 hours.
143 gallon African cichlid tank.

I change 30% of my water weekly This is combined with vacuuming the sand.I remove every rock,cichlid stone and plant to do this.Roughly this takes about 2 hours.
143 gallon African cichlid tank.

Dang. I do 2x water changes a week and don't spend close to that time. That's gotta be a hassle every week to remove the rock. I usually only clean under my rocks every month.

Back
Top Bottom