How do YOU acclimate your fishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Already thinking ahead on how ill go about acclimating new fish that is well in my stocking plan.
5 panda cories, and maybe a honey gourami (mixed feelings)

I don't have the equipment for the drip acclimation method, should I just buy it the same time I buy the fish?
And then there's the floating bag method, but I am too paranoid to even begin on the fact that their tank water might go in mines..

Anyway, back to the point--what is your way of acclimating fishes, and what do you find the most effective?

Drip acclimation as mentioned(y). I don't even bother with any other method.

I do the float method, empty most of the bag water out, float the bag in the tank, add a tablespoon of tank water every 10 minutes or so for at least an hour, scoop out the fish by hand usually & release into the tank. Its worked well every time. They don't get into my main tank until they've been QT'd for at least 2 wks.

I do the float method, empty most of the bag water out, float the bag in the tank, add a tablespoon of tank water every 10 minutes or so for at least an hour, scoop out the fish by hand usually & release into the tank. Its worked well every time. They don't get into my main tank until they've been QT'd for at least 2 wks.

Scoop out the fish by hand? Woah, never done that haha

With my tank ph being high I float for 20 minutes to match temp, then I pour out half of bag water. I then add about a cup of tank water 3-4 times every 10 minutes so the ph can match up and fish won't die of ph shock.

My thinking is if your ph and the stores ph is relatively the same all you need to do is float the bag to match temp then just net them out and put them in.

Back
Top Bottom