How many fish in 37 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks that makes more sense. Whats the best test kit to buy? I'm pretty sure my tank is done cycling. Going on 3 months of being setup. How often should I be testing the water? Weekly?

Sent from my XT1019 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks that makes more sense. Whats the best test kit to buy? I'm pretty sure my tank is done cycling. Going on 3 months of being setup. How often should I be testing the water? Weekly?

The API kit is cheapest and pretty accurate. It will last a long time.

I'd test as soon as you get the kit just to see where everything is at.

Caleb

Do u recommend using a heater in a 1 gallon tank? It gets cold in the winter and I try to use space heaters to cut down on the light bill.

Should I buy the whole API test kit that's around $25 or am I OK with just the ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite test kits since the pH isn't that important ??

Also when I do water changes, I use tap water. I use the tetra aquasafe dechlorinator stuff. Should I be treating it with anything else

Also when I do water changes, I use tap water. I use the tetra aquasafe dechlorinator stuff. Should I be treating it with anything else

Just get the whole thing. Simple and easy.

You don't need to use anything other than dechlorinator.

Caleb

Alright sounds good. I'm planning a big order at big als because they sent me a coupon lol

What about starting a 10 gallon semi aggressive tank. Already set up with filter and heater. No fish yet but I know I want one dwarf gourami. What other semi aggressive fish do u suggest?

What about starting a 10 gallon semi aggressive tank. Already set up with filter and heater. No fish yet but I know I want one dwarf gourami. What other semi aggressive fish do u suggest?

10 gallon doesn't give you many options. Much less semi aggressive, and even more so someone who it's new to the hobby.

Caleb

Well I only want to put about 3 fish in the 10 gallon. Any cichlids that stay small enough for a 10 gallon?

Yes definetly leave betta alone. My tanks are

5 gallon betta tank
10 gallon WCMM tank
15 gallon lowlight tetra, gold barbs and juli corys
Empty 25 gallon
55 gallon leopard gecko tank (plan to breed soon)

I'll have way more when I move out:)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Would persmart of PETCO have them? Thats about all I have here.

What fish would u recommend for a 10 gallon?

What fish would u recommend for a 10 gallon?

Betta, ADF, rasboras, neon tetras, dwarf puffer (for those diligent enough to keep them), shrimp tank, honey gourami, sparkling gourami, Endlers, etc...

Caleb

Peacock gudgeon

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can the peacock be found at PETCO pet smart?

Back
Top Bottom