how to feed veggies to fish/shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello.

We just tried to feed some pieces of cucumber to our shrimp/baby algae eater, and it just bobs around on the top and floats. It sank down once or twice, the guppy rushed at it, and then it floated back up.

How do you feed veggies to your critters and get it to sink so they can actually eat it?

Place something on it that weighs it down. Or get a veggie clip and hang it real low (touching the substrate) so that your shrimp might enjoy it too!
Btw I always put my veggies in boiling water for 2mins and then I put them in the freezer. I do this with zucchini and cucumber.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Thanks! :)

It's a 20g tank (the regular high kind, I guess). Is a veggie clip something for aquariums or?

The food was raw, should it be cooked first?

Yeah a veggie clip is for aquariums I think it's just a suction cup with a clip that you can put food in.

As for cooking the veg I think that is mostly to soften it up a bit so they can munch easier. Or at all.

I love my fish!!!

what could be put on the food to weigh it down??

sorry for the silly ?, but, could you give me a link or a picture of what this veggie clip looks like? I've never heard of such a thing.

I love my fish and shrimp too!!:D

I always put them in hot water to get rid of any bacteria as well!

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Back
Top Bottom