how to grow algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquandrew

Aquarium Advice Addict
so my hillstream loach pretty much cleared my tank of algae and i now have to supplement foods. i have an empty 5 gallon tank and some smooth river pebbles that i want to put in direct sunlight to grow some algae for him to eat. i will be setting up a 29 gallon river tank soon and moving the male Sewellia Lineolata and adding two females with some white cloud minnows. first i want to have a good source of algae for them to all graze off of. my question is whats the best way to start algae growth in the 5 besides putting it next to the window? and what if it grows a type of algae that the loach doesn't eat? will i have to run a filter on this tank or will the algae grow in stagnant water? weird huh most people are asking how to get rid of algae

Just leave your aquarium lights on a little longer and algae will start to grow. My plec cleared my tank so i leave the lights on 1 hour longer. It seems to make a little more grow before he munches it. Also try some cucumber on a kebab stick.

Back
Top Bottom