How to make a duckweed corral-help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Trying to make a circular corral with airline tubing but it doesn't lie flat.
Would try stretching ing it across tank but not sure how to attach auction cups to the ends

Taking heat the airline that will make it more flexible. You can do that by laying it in the Sun or using something like a hair dryer. Make sure to cap off the ends with the little stoppers you put in airline. you can then shock the plastic by placing it in the freezer or something like that if you want it to stay straighter but I really do not think that to necessary. As for using suction cups to hold it in place what I would do is ty just a little bit of fishing line around the end of the airline and around the end of the suction cup leaving yourself a little bit of a leader to allow for water level fluctuations that naturally occur.

Not sure to be honest. But it worth a try. I know that Airline is usually more flexible to begin with.

Back when I tried to section off some top water plants I literally just used for bendy straws and put them together into a rectangle glued around the seams where I put the small end of the straw into the large end of another straw and used that.

You could get a sheet of cross stitch mat mesh or plastic canvas from a craft store and lengthwise cut a thin (0.75-1.00”) strip. Use fishing line to connect the ends to make a loop. Airline tubing can be tied to the loop and (ends sealed off) will help keep it afloat.

Has anyone ever considered using some very light flexible wire. Looping one end and bending a ‘hook’ in to the other? You can thread this through the airline, attach the ends and let it float. The shape would more more like an American football.

I tied fishing line to suction cups to make a straight across the tank barrier. Only problem was I had to keep the tank topped off every day to keep the duck weed level with where the fishing line ran.

I tied fishing line to suction cups to make a straight across the tank barrier. Only problem was I had to keep the tank topped off every day to keep the duck weed level with where the fishing line ran.

Put some slack in the line. When the water level drops, assuming the line floats, it should maintain the “corral”.

Back
Top Bottom