I got a new fishy!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JurassicRIP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody, I'm sorry to be so obvious ,but i'm so happy! :lol:.I've got a new fish, a chocolate pearlscale,about 2'' long and hes been christened Puddin'(after chocolate pudding!) At the moment hes chasing my other two fish aroundthe tank,establishing himself in the pecking order,hopefully he'll start behaving soon!!!I just wanted to ask if theres anything i can do to stop him from stripping my green cabomba? The little S*ds made a bee line for it and stripped all the bottom leaves off in one night,at this rate it wont survive the week!! :?: :?

Sounds like he's a bit mischeivous then ! Do you have a photo ? The reson for the behaviour could just be due to the fact he's in a new enviroment and obviously hasn't fully settled yet. After time, chances are it will calm down a bit and leave you're green cabomba alone.

If he's the goldfish variety listed above by sfishy, your cabomba may be in a good bit of trouble. My goldfish eat some plants down to nothin, while other plants they dont bother at all. cabomba is one of the plants my goldies will strip to the bone, sorrry.

Did you research the fish and it's compatability/eating habits before buying it? Ya gotta do that to avoid nasty surprises.

Sorry guys, no pictures yet. Need to get my hands on a digital camera!!. Hes actually a fantail chocolate pearlscale, There a trace of a wen on his head,so it's safe to say theres a little oranda in there. The place i buy from buys in a lot of half breeds( my black moors a x breed- slight rusty colour , with a short caudal fin)But i don't mind at all, i think it adds character!As for the plants hes finished with that, and is chasing my golden lionhead around the tank now! Will keep a close eye out for bullying.Will be getting a larger tank soon YAY!!! ( grant -i love the little animation fish, sooo sweet!!)

Back
Top Bottom