i have a 90 gal freshhhhhwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotskate

Aquarium Advice Freak
im planning on doing stingrays what can u recomend or tell me ? i have sand down ;) and a sump 2 with a 9.5 mag drive the tank is predrilled

thanks

Think that size tank is still too small for sting rays...

They need a really really large tank, even the tea cups. If you see them in the LFS, they look really depressed--they can't move around.

I wouldn't put rays in anything under 300 gallons. Liveaquaria.com recommends 180 for one SW species, and 300 Gallons for the other. These can be larger than FW species, but the FW species still get quite large. Think about a rainbowfish tank, or a discus tank. Or think about a puffer tank (they're really fun!).

im planning on doing stingrays what can u recomend or tell me ?

You will be bored silly. they mostly just sit there on the bottom and do nothing. I highly reccomend doing something else with that tank. A 90 is good sized, your options are many.

I agree with madasafish, that tank is to small for stingrays. Your sump will give you a great filter but i would still be worried that the rays would not have much room.

Back
Top Bottom