I lost my chance at a Shrimp :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I was at the pet store getting a few new fish as the store was closing down. In the Guppy tank was, A SHRIMP! It was pretty big too, about 2.5 inches long, looked liked an Amano. It was so cool and was swimming all around the tank like nothing. I have been looking for shrimp for months now and no places around here sell them. I asked how much the shrimp were, and I was told they could not sell me the shrimp because they were illegal to sell in pet shops in the state of Maine. That shrimp showed up on accident so they were letting it swim around until they found something to do with it. That explains why I have never found any. Anyway, as I was checking out, I made a remark like, "Well, if you can not sell me the shrimp, you could GIVE it to me right?" So I paid for my stuff, said thanks, and left the store as they closed. Once we got outside, my wife was like, "Why didn't you take the shrimp? They were going back to get it for you!" But I did not notice at the time, then the store was closed and it was too late :(

I work all day. I would feel stupid calling back like, "Hey, I was there with one of the closing employees and they were going to give me a shrimp so how about holding it for me until I get there" :(

call em and tell em ull pay em 5$. over here their only 1.99. i forgot if it was for like a dozen or for one but whatever

It is illegal for them to sell that shrimp, that is why they could give it away, but not take any money for it.

I can understand why you might feel silly doing it. But that feeling will keep you shrimpless. :lol:

Suck it in, and you can finally enjoy a shrimp in your aquarium. :D

Easier said than done, I'm sure...hehe!

Paul

Back
Top Bottom