I switched to a black background. What do you think of my theme idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

germanyt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking of using this as the center of my theme. I wanted to use a giant ceramic frog from from Pier 1 but I couldn't guarantee it wouldn't hurt the fish. So now that I have a fresh canvas to work with I was thinking this would look awesome.

New LSU Tigers White Schutt Full Size Football Helmet | eBay

Combine that with some purple and gold silk plants and other assorted matching decorations. I think it'll look great.

It's for my 55 gallon BTW.

It depends on the helmet, say a Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, or LSU helmet and fish would get real sick but they might make it, a Georgia helmet would probably lead to all the fish commiting immediate suicide.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure a Florida Gator helmet would make the fish thrive beyond your wildest expectations. (y)

In any case it is definately a cool idea, my only concern would be some of the padding material and straps on the inside of the helmet and how durable it will be.

Hmm? Football themed fish tank? I usually don't like anything unnatural.....but I can make exceptions, a nice giants helmet, and eli manning bobble head would look cool. Haha!!

Make it a Saints helmet and I would be with you all the way, but I guess LSU works. Seems like a pretty cool theme tank for a big football fan.

Hmm? Football themed fish tank? I usually don't like anything unnatural.....but I can make exceptions, a nice giants helmet, and eli manning bobble head would look cool. Haha!!

Agreed! Go Giants! :)

Maybe once me and the hubby buy a house, I'll set up a tank for him in the "man cave" that's Giants themed.

I would be worried about the glue in the helmet holding the padding in it might leak toxins into the water and kill you fish. Otherwise cool idea!

Cough( roll tide) ;) you might want to cover it with some type of aquarium approved sealant so that no toxins don't leak into your aquarium.

I think your fish would be way happier with an A&M helmet.... the only team that beat alabama just saying...

EDIT: johnny football is also the only freshman to EVER win the heisman... he's a pretty cool guy I've met him before!!

It depends on the helmet, say a Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, or LSU helmet and fish would get real sick but they might make it, a Georgia helmet would probably lead to all the fish commiting immediate suicide.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure a Florida Gator helmet would make the fish thrive beyond your wildest expectations. (y)

In any case it is definately a cool idea, my only concern would be some of the padding material and straps on the inside of the helmet and how durable it will be.

I think Greenbay is the way to go... You know, cause they're awesome :)

(y) (y) (y) orange and blue baby!!!

I think your fish would be way happier with an A&M helmet.... the only team that beat alabama just saying...

EDIT: johnny football is also the only freshman to EVER win the heisman... he's a pretty cool guy I've met him before!!

11734048-standard.jpg

Hey you can't go wrong with an Alabama football breakfast. FCA field trip, best day ever. An I'll admit the Texas a&m game was a good game cough(lucky) cough.Though I'm crimson through and through. Beware of Georgia helmets , they'll make your fish jump out of your tank

patrickriley2010 said:
If you switched to a black background how do you plan on putting something like a picture there ?

Not a picture, an actual helmet in the tank as decor.

Was considering some plants like these. I haven't found any the right color gold/yellow yet. Even these I'm not sure about as far as shade of purple. Just the closest thing I've found so far.

img_2488291_0_3eec023a3715b3be450c6f885e85530a.png

I would reccomend coating the helmet in a krylon clearcoat piece by piece then reassemble it and coat it again so nothing leeches out of the helmet into the water.

I would reccomend coating the helmet in a krylon clearcoat piece by piece then reassemble it and coat it again so nothing leeches out of the helmet into the water.

I was just thinking of taking the foam padding out of the inside and putting it in. Do you think the coating would affect the look? Like runs or bubbles/fisheye?

Back
Top Bottom