Id plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Listed as banded loaches but don't look like pics of them. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426276398.807505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Owner says they are panda loaches

Those are pretty rare at that. I only have seen them for sale at a single fish store before

Was really tempted to buy. Just think they are too small for my 75 and a school would be too big for a 10. Really don't want to set up tank just for them

I would set up a tank just for them. Love those little guys. Never got my hands on any though.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Still obsessing about them lol

For a while they were $100 a pop at my favorite LFS. They've come down considerably in price but still aren't typically cheap

Great now I am so tempted to go back. Can put them in my ten which just has some adf and shrimp. Let them grow out in there.

They are a hillstream type loach they need cool, fast, well oxygenated water to thrive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just picked up 8 little guys. Gonna put them in my 10g while I cycle a spare 20 g.

To make the tank more oxygenated should I just add an air stone or a circulation pump?
I think for tank mates I will do white cloud minnows. Always liked them just never had a tank at the right temp. Any other cooler fish suggestions.

Would they be ok with a few African dwarf frogs. The loaches are extremely fast and active but are small. The frogs haven't gone after the cherry shrimp

The white clouds will be fine, but I'm not sure about the frogs and how they would handle more turbulent water.

Personally I would use powerhead or a circulation pump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dwarf frogs like more of a gentle current but not stagnant. They have poor eyesight and are not the best swimmers.

Also make sure to hand feed or use a turkey baster to spot feed or try really will not see the food.

Take it from an owner of 5 of them. Their eyesight sucks. I love watching them though :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Just moved my 3 afds info a spare 5g for the time being. Even though I doubt they can catch the loaches. I just don't want to take any chances. Going to lower temp in my 10g to about 70 and let the loaches grow a bit. They are tiny.

Back
Top Bottom