if you just buy the lighting fixture what do you put it on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
im planning on buying a

http://www.aquariumguys.com/24satellite.html

for my 29 gallon tank. i was wondering if i can just plop it onto my lil thing i have already or if i need to make one myself or buy something with it

and does that one have like 2 different lights or is it a 50/50?

and by it saying one moon light does it mean like a lamp or like 1 led?

Is the tank a standard tank, it's not one with a built in light?

From reading the specs, it comes with two lights. But it's kind of confusing because it says that it doesn't have a fan like the dual fixtures do. Hmmm. Confused. I think if it had a LED light, it would be alot more expensive than what it is. But, I could be wrong. I just remember buying an LED light a couple months ago and it's the size of a quarter for $20.

really you can get them for 1 cent +5.95 shipping on ebay egt like 25

oh but the quarter sized... thats pretty big for led

really you can get them for 1 cent +5.95 shipping on ebay egt like 25

oh but the quarter sized... thats pretty big for led

yeah the 65$ 1 at petsmart.. the tank and hood. light that comes is 20 watt.. that doesnt help but lol

Read my thread "what to buy" if you are looking into leds. I got some really good advice on it. And krap, unless you have a plain glass hood you will probably need to get one to rest the lighting hood on. Thats whats keeping me from getting a triple strip like FF, I would need a whole new hood and its not worth it to me price wise.

I think that is my only saviour TS. I have a glass hood. Everything else is a pain in the butt. Well, no, I take that back, my canisters and heaters are working GREAT.

I tried searching for you, but couldn't find a retailer that sells them online. Maybe I am missing something. You may want to try your lfs and see if they have any in stock or can order them for you.

i dont think ive ever seen any... ive just seen those plasic hoods that come with ur tank

can i see a pic?

I will be home tomorrow morning and I will take a pic of mine and post it for you. If you could, shoot me a PM and ask me to do it for ya. Otherwise I may forget. :D It's been chaotic around here. I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached.

Here's a pic of the left side of my glass hood. Don't mind the dust, I haven't been home in two weeks to clean. :D

Attachments

• hood_114.jpg
    hood_114.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 28
You may want to talk to the lfs and see if they can order one for your tank. They shouldn't cost that much. They are nice because the lighting options are MUCH larger than a standard plastic hood.

... haha i just read something about what its called but i cant find it nor remember :(

so its called like a versa something something

I got an All-Glass Versa-Hood for my 20g High for like $12 at my LFS, they are usually pretty cheap and allow you a lot of flexibility when it comes to lighting options.

Back
Top Bottom