KH and PH after crushed coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdbaby123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I added crushed coral to my tank to bring my KH up, as it was at basically O according to my test strips. And to raise my PH which was at a 6 according to the API MTK. Now my KH is about mid level 80 according to test strips and 5 drops according to API kit.

My PH is at a 7.6 which I believe is too high for my tetras and betta, and I would like to add cory cats which all require about a 7.

How do I lower the PH without upsetting the KH?

And just as a side question how often do I need to change out the crushed coral.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know all this as well. I actually have a high PH and I’ve added the Indian almond leaves and am waiting. I’ve read and heard that it’s more important to have a stable PH than it being just perfect.
At the same time I have a water treatment system so my water is quite soft. Right now I just have a Betta but I want guppies and I’m trying to figure all the same things out before getting them

You pH is fine. Fish will get used to it. Crushed coral last forever. You only need 1 tablespoon to support 200 gallons of water.

Back
Top Bottom