kinda an emergancy. what would u do.. picture is attached

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww... I am so sorry for your loss. I was thinking about this today and wondering what happened. I was really rooting for you guys! Just know that you did all you could do.

Still... what a strange situation.

:( Sorry to hear the news. You definitely did the best you could, so don't feel defeated on that front. I know it's not much consolation but these things can and do happen and you've been unlucky (and him too!) to experience it. It can even happen with natural decor like logs, caves and so on, so again don't feel like your buying that ornament makes it your fault. These things just happen :(

Ohhh, poor thing. And you too. What a shame. At least you know you did everything possible.

Sorry again. :(

For future reference, I think I would try stress coat. It is very slimy and would likely help eject a caught fish in that circumstance. If you do not have stress coat on hand, aloe veral is also safe for fish and would work as a lubricant.

This is an excellent reminder of being careful with ornamentation. I have since removed things a fish could get caught in because of it. I am sorry for your loss.

I've had fish get caught in driftwood holes before. I got lucky on that one and basically decided that I would destroy the driftwood to get the fish out. Sorry for your loss, and I think a lot of people have learned a little about hollow ornaments or wood that has any place where a fish could make his/her way into.

Removing it isn't always necessary. Just plug it with something that will keep the fish out (eggcrate, etc.)

yah i will have to stuff it with something..
i have a bridge and i had a large piece of wood in there where noone could possibly get stuck..
The tank was supose to be just a discus only tank. so they wouldnt even fit. but i had gotten a few fish. that i am now trying to find homes for.. With no luck. and he happened to be one of them.
i would never want them hurt. or harmed.
hopefully the only fish left will be the discus and bn pleco.. soon. im moving all other fish to my 30 gallon. or other tanks...
but i will definatly stuff the castle until then...
thanks for all your help and concern and replys.

Back
Top Bottom