Kribbies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dekz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had these two for a week or two now, and it finally happened!
img_924929_0_b3d844e20a9a8685457776e56d7e757a.jpg

img_924929_1_178d8c43f8d96445649c6f362c714817.jpg

img_924929_2_b02252dd33bbcf71b4e6a350335e86c2.jpg

OMG wish it were me. Good luck. Was it hard?

I didn't really do anything special at all. I heard that they like caves so I made a couple coconut caves. They actually dug all of the sand out of the bottom of the caves and made huge piles outside. Maybe tonight I'll take some pics of the whole tank so you can see.

This morning I looked and approximately half of the fry were missing. Then tonight I found the male dead, and now I don't see any fry at all :(

Sorry to say this, but the male waas probably eating the fry and thhe female was defending them till the point that she killed him. :(

Sorry to say this, but the male waas probably eating the fry and thhe female was defending them till the point that she killed him. :(

Well the fry must have been hiding in one of the caves when I looked last night, because I looked this morning and the fry appear to be fine! :)

It's too bad if that is the case, but it's better than if she was eating them I guess :)

Once this batch have matured, I will go pick up another male and hopefully I can find a good match.

Guess what. Your fish just gave birth and today my mollie gave birth today... Not a huge thing but its my first attempt at breeding fish. :)

Back
Top Bottom