KRIBENSIS chchlid setup help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kribensis

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 125 gallon tank that I want to set-up with the kribensis in mind. I just read that they are lake fish so powerheads and wave makers are not a good idea. Right now I have a 2 live plants and a bunch of fake ones, different sized flower pots upside down, and some on there side. and some rocks that have holes going through them but not enough to make it a cave and for the gravel I have Pool filter sand.

THe fish I have in the 125g tank right now are

1 x blue fish(looks like a lake tanganeka fish but he is not hurting anyone
1 x plecostomus with whiskers or something up towards his head. I got him because the guy that gave him to me told me he would not grow huge like some other 3 foot plecostomus out there.
2 x small striped tube shaped fish (again, may be from Tanganeka) they have white or slightly yellow and black horizontal stripes along there body
2 x small angle fish
6 x Kribensis, I got 4 of the guys came from craigslist add, but they all looked alike and no color just the spot on the fins and ablack horizontal stripe along the body, called around a another store had 2 that had red bellys. so I drove almost a hour to get them 2. (yes id like them to breed)

So my question is what is or how should the tank be set up for them or what should the water be like? It is much larger then the 20g tanks alot of ppl talk about when the Kribensis is used. I do plan on setting up another 125 tank in our back room. So anyone that dont get along, with go there when its set up.

Right now the way the tank is... I have a Rena xp4 sucking from the right side and blowing back on the left, and on the left side I also have a Penguan 350 with no bio wheels. so alot of surface current is coming from the left side. ANd on the right side. Just because the tank came with a powerhead. I have some sort of Panguin power head blowing just under the surface of the water. They guy I bought the tank from said that it helped make the tank clearer, But again, I just read that Kribensis dont like or need current as they are from a still lake. Can aonyone point me in a good direction for information, or provide me with any insight?

I dont know why I like the Kribensis. WHen my brother and I were kids we were into them big cichlids and before I got out of the fish hobby. I remember trying to get some Kribensis. And 25 years later, I now have 2 125 gallon tanks and one of them is set up and has 6 Kribensis in them. By the way... LOL I feel bad, But dont ever use electric yello cichlids when your tank is cycling. I feel bad for them.

Back
Top Bottom