Kuhli attacked! help appreciated soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyGuy333

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey after getting some advice on here. I went out and got two new loaches for my community tank. I'm currently suffering from a ramshorn snail outbreak and I went to a LFS and thought i was buying two angelicus type loaches but I think I instead got a tiger loach and a yo yo loach.

after about two hours after adding these two new additions i noticed a kuhli loach of mine also in the tank was entangled in the floating plants i had in the top of my tank. I went to go check it out and found he had a bite taken out of him (and i believe this is a fatal wound).

could anyone on here please id the two loaches i just got and tell me if either or both could have attacked my kuhli loach?

I need immediate advice so I can either take one of them or both of them back or deal with it in another way!

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 648
  • fish twwo.png
    fish twwo.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 670
  • fish.png
    fish.png
    36 KB · Views: 654
I can tell you that I've kept Yoyos, Kuhlis, and Weather loaches together in the same tank for several years now, and never had an incident. I can't expend your pics to get a better look, but I can say with a high degree of certainty that neither is a Yoyo loach; and, if by "tiger" loach, you mean Clown loach, I'm fairly certain neither is that. Regardless, I've had several different types of loaches over the years, often more than one species in a tank together, and never know any of them to show any true aggression.

hey everyone update. so I did some research and the one that I have narrowed down to be the aggressive one is a tiger loach. if you look up on bing they are called a tiger botia loach. and they are known to be aggressive.
Unfortunately my kuhli that had the bite mark passed away this morning. the tiger loach has since been chasing around many of my other community fish and will be taken back tomorrow.

the one that i thought was a yo yo loach is a "angelicus" botia loach. also angelicus kubotai loach. this one from what i read is peaceful. but just in case has anyone had experience with this guy.......because i might need to take him too if he is.
thanks everyone for the help

Back
Top Bottom