kuhli loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a dozen of these entertaining guys in my community tank (striped and black). They are SO peaceful. I used to have krib fry that would swim around with them. They don't bother any other fish and no other fish bother them. They also have a relatively small bioload, which is nice. They are easy keepers and will eat the leftovers of any food I feed my other species in the tank.

You do need a bunch of them in order to really appreciate their antics, like the "kuhli dance of joy". If you only have a few, they hide. They require caves. I have a few pieces of driftwood with tunnels beneath and they dive in and out of the tunnels, but mostly are out and about, day or night. I didn't think I'd like them at first, because they were so "wormy". But now, I can't imagine a tank without them.

What size tank do you have and what other species?

I'm waiting on a 55g tank and after I did my fishless cycle I wanted...5-6 Kuhli , 2 pairs of blue rams and some other peaceful fish.

Back
Top Bottom