kuhli loach & betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi I was wondering if these guys could be put together in a 16gallon? Always wanted them but was unsure to put them in my 55 think my elephant nose would see them as food lol any advice would be great :)

Yes you could have a small school of kuhlis and a male or female betta in a 16gal, plenty of room, the question is: can you find a betta that will play nice?

Cichlid Kid said:
Yes you could have a small school of kuhlis and a male or female betta in a 16gal, plenty of room, the question is: can you find a betta that will play nice?

It will be just my male betta. I was thinking of removing him when I put the kuhlis in then adding him? How many could I put in I thought 3. Cheers

3's fine imo, you could have easily twice that if you like. They do better in groups and don't possess an overly significant bioload.

Cichlid Kid said:
3's fine imo, you could have easily twice that if you like. They do better in groups and don't possess an overly significant bioload.

I,ll try 3 first then see how that goes. Hopefully my betta will leave them alone! It's sand in the tank, is there anything else specifically they,ll need. Thanks for the help :)

They like burrowing around in sand and loose leaf litter etc... just try and provide enough hiding places for them. The more secure they feel the more you'll see em:)

Cichlid Kid said:
They like burrowing around in sand and loose leaf litter etc... just try and provide enough hiding places for them. The more secure they feel the more you'll see em:)

Thanks for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom