Kuhli loach question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got 3 kuhli loaches today for my 40 gallon community tank. Whoever said they're scavengers couldn't be more correct. During feeding time they were eating like any other fish in the tank and they're really social, which is cool.

I can't tell if they're babies or not though. They all seem about the same size and really really skinny, like little black eels or leaches from a distance. I believe if I remember correctly that when I looked online the kuhlis looked fatter and more distinguishable as loaches and less as eel/leech like. Is this what they're supposed to look like as infants? Do they get fatter as they reach adulthood

I just bred some Kuhlis last week and the babies were small, maybe an inch and a half and a kind of blue... did you get black kuhlis or regular, the black and yellowish? And yes they do get rounder.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just got 3 kuhli loaches today for my 40 gallon community tank. Whoever said they're scavengers couldn't be more correct. During feeding time they were eating like any other fish in the tank and they're really social, which is cool.

I can't tell if they're babies or not though. They all seem about the same size and really really skinny, like little black eels or leaches from a distance. I believe if I remember correctly that when I looked online the kuhlis looked fatter and more distinguishable as loaches and less as eel/leech like. Is this what they're supposed to look like as infants? Do they get fatter as they reach adulthood

That's a baby Kuhli, maybe two weeks old.

Attachments

• 1393821144886.jpg
    1393821144886.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 69

And here is one of the parents.

Attachments

• 1393821509125.jpg
    1393821509125.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 71
Can you post a picture of yours? The baby there is maybe 2 inches at most
and a little thinker the. A phone charger cord. The parent is about 5 times that size in width but about 4.5 inches long.

Can you post a picture of yours? The baby there is maybe 2 inches at most
and a little thinker the. A phone charger cord. The parent is about 5 times that size in width but about 4.5 inches long.

They're all in this annoying cave and the camera flash keeps reflecting off the glass and making the pictures white lol. I'll see if I can find you one tomorrow

Yeah unless there is food they don't care to come out. Are the colors about the same for the baby?

Back
Top Bottom