Lighting Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone-
I have a 20G long tank that I want to plant, and I am having some issues... I had some vals in there but they turned brown and died. My light fixture is the Aqueon 30'' T5 Fixture. I was curious if T5HO bulbs can be put in a regular T5 fixture (like mine). I Found a great deal on a T5HO fixture, and was considering returning my normal T5 fixture and getting the T5HO. http://www.petco.com/product/111939...O Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hood-111939
The fixture costs the same as the one I already have (not including bulbs, though) so it is no problem for me. I would prefer higher lighting. I want enough lighting to be able to have carpet plants. :) Right now I have some micro swords but they haven't been growing at all (that I can see). What do you think I should do? Wouldn't I have to dose CO2 if I got the HO fixture? I am just wondering-I have no problem with dosing CO2.
Thanks

I would get the ones you posted in the link. The aquatraders are cheap, but for a little more you can get a better quality fixture that will last you a lot longer. I think you'll be happier with the fixture at PETCO that you posted.

I would get the ones you posted in the link. The aquatraders are cheap, but for a little more you can get a better quality fixture that will last you a lot longer. I think you'll be happier with the fixture at PETCO that you posted.

Thanks for the reply. I also think that the ones from Petco are better.

Back
Top Bottom