Loach query

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackHammer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have heard that clown loaches eat snails and I'm curious to know if kuhli loaches do also as I want kuhli loaches and have snails that come in on plants (not planned) and I think I've found some snail eggs, would be awesome if the kuhlis will eat them! Anyone know if they do?

I have kuhlis in a tank with snails I am honestly not sure if they eat them but I am pretty sure they do eat the eggs, or at least something in that tank does! Lol

Haha well that's somewhat good news. What else do you have in there? Also, any chance you could tell me a bit about the kuhlis? I'd like to hear what they are like from someone who has them!

Kuhli loaches are neat little fish. They swim around rapidly I have one that does his excercise every morning by swimming in circles on the side of the tank for about an hour LOL. They are completely peaceful they like company, oh and they really do remind me if worms you should see some of the positions they can get into. They might be shy at first but after a while you will see a lot more of them. Mine are in a community tank with killies, a Molly, a few swordtails, a whiptail pleco, red eyed tetras, and a banjo catfish.

They sound awesome! I saw them for the first time yesterday at my LFS and loved the look of them! How many do you have? I am currently scoping for a new and bigger tank and I would love a bunch of these to chill on the bottom with my Bristlenose pleco!

Right now I have three but I plan on getting one or two more. I have two black n a striped I really want another striped they are REALLY cuts

Back
Top Bottom