Looking for Java Moss Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skrapeNKA

Aquarium Advice Freak
My clump of java moss has nearly quintupled in size since purchase and it is need of re-positioning, possibly sectioning off and placing around the tank. I've put it off for a couple weeks since my first batch of RCS hatched (because they mostly seemed to be in or near it exclusively at that point) and it's just continued to get larger! My leading idea is to just place it beneath my driftwood pieces instead of off to the side (possibly leading to better waterflow in the tank?) and maybe trying to adhere a few portions to the upper part of the artificial rock on the left side of the tank; in kind of a green roof fashion.

If it might factor in, the other plants in the tank are currently an Ozelot Sword (front and center bushy), Temple Plant (behind the wood on the right), f@#* tons of Wisteria, and a cryptocorne retrospiralis (left front).

What would you do with it if this was your tank?

P.S.- I might end up purchasing some Flourish Glue for this
P.S.S.- toilet/trashcan isn't an option:brows:

Attachments

• IMG_20161205_182025.jpg
    IMG_20161205_182025.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 67
Also, please pardon the pygmy cories darting towards the surface like they actually need more oxygen, they are totally showboating(y)

You can use regular gel superglue, thread, or fishing line. Ive even seen push pins. Also looks like you have enough room you could remove the pieces to do the work.

You have a nice wad of it. If it were me id spread some around on the woods and rock. Then id get some mesh and try and carpet some. You have a niece piece.

I just threaded some Sunday. 20161204_100604.jpg

Thread does sound practical; hadn't thought of putting directly ON the wood:facepalm:

Would carpeting with mesh involve threading the strands into the mesh or just kind of netting it down? As much as everything in the tank seems to enjoy the stuff that could be a good plan!

Lots ways to do it. Ive seen people use window screen, egg crate, rocks, cholla, terracotta, I mean it its aquarium safe you can probably do it.

Basically sandwich betwen mesh and your off and running.

Check out moss wall backgrounds, they look amazing *not my tank, example off of Google*

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1481004962461.jpg
    1481004962461.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom