Maximum time with no water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torres

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im going away for 1 month, i dont know if i ask my dad to take care of water changing or not so whats the maximum time, i read some where its 2 weeks?
thanks

What is the tank size and stock? Planted?
180 litres, non planted.
7 black neon tetras
6 red eye tetras
1 gold gourami
2 angelfish 'not full grown
5 silver dollars 'medium size
2 clown loach 'small
1 pleco 'small

i know this sounds alot, but ive no ammonia problems

Honestly there are many people that go months without water changes. It's not the best thing for the fish, as the nitrate buildup can begin to cause damage, but a month is not really a big deal in most situations. As long as the tank is well established I'd go for it. It wouldn't hurt to add some live plants to help deal with the nitrates also.

last time i tried to add live plants i didnt knew that silver dollars would eat them lol
i could put 5 moss ball though

Ah, I totally overlooked the silver dollar thing. Yeah they definitely eat up plants, and they get extremely large (as do the clown loaches and pleco if its a common) so they aren't a very good fit for that size tank in the long term. If it were me and I were intending to keep them for several years, I'd go ahead and start looking at a tank upgrade in the near future.

yes, i do not intend to keep them until they reach full size i guess.
thanks!

i guess it should be fine, just change the water a day before you leave for vacation :fish2:and of course change the water right away when you come back from vacation haha

i guess it should be fine, just change the water a day before you leave for vacation :fish2:and of course change the water right away when you come back from vacation haha
ye ill do the last water change before i leave the house

Back
Top Bottom