Mini Shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyFishMan1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an old 1.4 (either litre or gallon, can't remember) tank that i intend to start up again and add 1 or maybe even 2 shrimp into. Would it be OK with no substrate? the filter intakes are built into the ground, but shouldn't be too big for the shrimp, seeing as they are only around1.5-2 millimeters across. Anyway, the tank runs of a fake tap that runs water through the holes in the ground into a filter then out the nozzle into the tank. It might be a little strong for a shrimp though, but i could redirects its flow with some plastic or something. It has 1 plastic plant in it, which is really tiny. If you guys want pics, I'll get some. So, would it be worth it? Would the shrimp be happy?:thanks:

You could put some small shrimp in there such as RCS. Not many, but a couple. and they would be fine without substrate however I recommend getting some type of moss for them to hang on to.

Alright, here is the tank. I am a little skeptical whether it will be good enough or not, but i don't want it to just lie around :( If anyone has any other suggestions for what to do with it, please share. :D

Attachments

• Photo on 5-29-13 at 5.57 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 5-29-13 at 5.57 PM #2.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Photo on 5-29-13 at 5.57 PM.jpg
    Photo on 5-29-13 at 5.57 PM.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Photo on 5-29-13 at 5.56 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 5-29-13 at 5.56 PM #2.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom