Missing fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 gallon with 1 dragon goby ,1 weather loach and a knight goby and i used to have a bumble bee gobie. The problem is i bought 3 more of them and i haven't seen them since i've bought them! Not even my original one. What happend!? Do any of the fish i listed eat them?

Check around the tank as well. They can be jumpers if they want. Otherwise, I agree with tropicfishman and Zagz. Either just hiding (check around the inside of the tank, lift up some decos if you want) or has burrowed in the substrate.

I have lifted up every decoration in the tank. There aren't that many anyway and found nothing. Are you sure bumble gobies dig? I've never heard of that.

Okthis just sucks. I bought 2 more and they are the nicest i have ever seen. I come home today and they're gone again!/ I have no idea what's happening. I check everywhere :(.

Check around the aquarium.I don't think BB gobies dig around.Is this tank brackish?None of the fish you listed eat BB Gobies.How big is the tank?

Joey, stop adding them, if they are being eaten you're throwing your money away, if they aren't, you're going to end up with a tank full of BB gobies.

They must be in the substrate, there aren't too many fish that will inhale 2 gobies at a time, and there aren't any in your tank.

If you want to find them, remove all decoarations and put them aside, then start moving the gravel around (gently) you can do this by waving your hand gently above the gravel(it will blow around).. you'll probably find you can uncover 1 or 2 easily.

Also, they are brackish, so you should be adding some salt to the water.

I already know that. My tank is brackish, I guess i could try moving this around again.

I certainly will be interested in knowing if you find them. Make sure to post whether you've found them or not. Another thought, do you have cats or dogs? If they are getting out of the tank and you have pets, esp. cats, they might be getting to them before you find them.

Alright, nope no cats or dogs .Just a bird and he's almost always in his cage.

I caught him! The one that was eating my bumble bee gobies was my knight goby. I had no idea they were like that.

Back
Top Bottom