missing neons need new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abomb

Aquarium Advice Regular
i had 6 neons and now im down to 2. I had a golden wonder in the tank and he seemed to get hungry eating all but 2. I know its only a matter of time b4 the others are gone too. In the tank i will have 3 corys and a golden wonder. Its a 10 gal tank any sugestions on what to replace my neons with.

the tank is well established. i might go with somehting a little bigger so that my wonder doesnt get any ideas.

thanks

adam

Why not save those poor neons? If they're gonna be killed, at least return them to the store...

How would you feel if you were about to die and the only person that could save you was too lazy too?

It's inhumane, and why would you just let them die when you could at least get something for them if you returned them to the store.

cdawson said:
How would you feel if you were about to die and the only person that could save you was too lazy too?

That's kinda like saying all carnivorous creatures should be killed to save all the widdle animals they eat. *shrug* I do understand what you are saying but allowing things to take their natural course isn't exactly tragic. Otherwise, you'd soon have more fry than you could deal with and you'd be launching a campaign to save the plankton. :?

There is a difference between feeding carnivores live feeder fish, and having fish get eaten do to poor reasearch and compatibility checks.

For what it is worth, I bought a Betta to eat its way through my Guppy fry population and never felt guily about it. But if the Betta started to eat the Guppies, I would move him :p

Back
Top Bottom