Missing zebra loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so bought 4 zebra loaches this afternoon. They were very active and grouped together. Did a water change. Filling my tank back up and all 4 are gone. I know i didn't dump with water cause I used my vacuum is too small to suck them up. Took apart my cannister filter. Moved all my decorations. I know you all are gonna say they are good hiders but I should have seen 1. Oh and no bodies outside of tank either. I think I am going crazy or part of pixar movie. Lol what is going on.

Well they might be in a crevasse in the decor were you can't see them my Raphile cat fish did that

I had 3 clown loaches inside a powerhead once, I was going crazy looking for them

Can we see your tank maby we might see a good hiding spot you don't =b

Looked in crevices. No way they could fit in cannister tubing. Grate is so small. Sponge on other filter. They are descent size fish. Couldn't of jumped. Wasn't done filling tank. Just turned off lights and dropped some sinking pellets. Do they bury them selves in sand ?

I ve had them burrow up into the driftwood during water changes. Before I knew they did that, I lost one during a WC when I took the DW out . Never did find a body.
Hope yours show up, love those little guys.

Pic. Think I saw a loach shape dart but when I wAlked in

Attachments

• image-3909358742.jpg
    image-3909358742.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 156
..get a barckround they do wonders! And if I was a fish.... I would be hiding under or behind the big red drift wood

Saw ones head sticking out f that driftwood. In 20 min of looking lifted that piece a few times. Lol those loaches are smarter then their human. Got a feeling that I am gonna either be driven crazy by them or they most likely will be fav fish. I have some dark blue wrapping paper. Will that work as a background

Saw ones head sticking out f that driftwood. In 20 min of looking lifted that piece a few times. Lol those loaches are smarter then their human. Got a feeling that I am gonna either be driven crazy by them or they most likely will be fav fish. I have some dark blue wrapping paper. Will that work as a background
Ya if you like it! I'm jest not sure if it was shiny what the fish would do. I went with a black background jest got it at the dollar store only needed 2for my 55 and they have 2sides so I can try to decorate one side maybe

Back
Top Bottom