Murder she wrote?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailingsprout

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We're having a lot of casualties in one of our tanks...hoping you all could throw out some theories... We have a 29 (will be a 45) gallon set to around 80 degrees, with a threadfin, an orange head, a not surinamensis (I forget what you said it actually was), a curviceps (which isn't actually a curviceps but their nicer cousin) and an opaline gourami. All of them young. 3.5" and smaller. A few days ago we also had a ram and 2 coricats. Water conditions are in check. Tons of hiding places. Could the water have been too warm? Do I have a murderer? Do I need more of any of their own kind to cut down on murder?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could be the heckelii but I don't think he would out right kill overnight. Yea I would get a larger tank asap the foot print on the 29 is too small. You need at least a 48" long for the stock you have. I believe the heckelii and other geos you have will be between 7 and 10 inches when full grown.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom