My betta Merric doing much better but NOW looks like Ich!!! :'(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattyCakes81

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys,

I have posted before about my male betta fish Merric not doing well. He really is the link to that post:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/what-is-wrong-with-my-betta-merric-351602.html

It looks like Merric my male betta is doing fine. His color has returned to normal, he is actively exploring his tank, he is swimming upright and he is no longer bloated.

But NOW it looks like he has Ich!! :banghead::(
He has 4 spots.

One On the dorsal Fin
One On the right pectoral fin
One On the left ventral fin
One On the anal fin

Here is a video of him now:

https://youtu.be/prDh9wE5xW0

I have researched on this site and others on Betta fish and Ich. So far I feel I need to raised the temperature, add aquarium salt and do water changes. But how is raising the temperature on a small tank (2.5 gallon) going to affect my betta. Wouldn't it be too hot for my betta fish?

Any help would be greatlyappreciated,
Patty

If you keep it under 84 F he'll be fine. I also suggest getting Ick Guard from API. Worked within a week for mw

If you keep it under 84 F he'll be fine. I also suggest getting Ick Guard from API. Worked within a week for mw

Think you mean above 84?? Actually 86-88 is the zone. I've used kordon rid ich with great results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I try not to go that high for fear of having a fish fry [emoji23] I generally keep mine at 76-78 so 84-85 is a good shift. But if you can keep em alive at 88 then more power to ya [emoji6]

I try not to go that high for fear of having a fish fry [emoji23] I generally keep mine at 76-78 so 84-85 is a good shift. But if you can keep em alive at 88 then more power to ya [emoji6]

Yah but... when treating ich heat is your friend. Also.. not all fish share the same temp preference. Bettas do well 79-83..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom