My plec part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well it's been 5 days now. He hasn't touched any algae wafers cabbage "zucchinis" cucumber or lettuce. He has happily just sucked my filter body and a few spots of repeated interest on the back wall of the aquarium.

When do I get worried? I'd drop him in my 4ft tank so only he has access to the food (my snails are on any food after 10-20 minutes) but it's half cycled and I don;t think they are near hardy enough. he's very "cute" though ;)

Addition : he defo not going in. Nitrite is 3.3 or more. ammonia is minimal though so not long left for tank to cycle though. far quicker and easier than my 5g!

try feeding at night. some times it takes them time to get that its food. dont think lettuce have much nutritional value.

Mine love blanched broccoli. What type of pleco do you have? Since your tank isn't completely cycled the nitrites and ammonia may keep him from eating because of stress.

Mine love blanched broccoli. What type of pleco do you have? Since your tank isn't completely cycled the nitrites and ammonia may keep him from eating because of stress.

He's a bristlenose. He's not in the non cycled tank he's in my established 15g at the moment. yes its too small for him as a grown up but he's only just under 2 inches at the moment. I'm presuming he's eating something as he still alive. just have to wait it out i suppose

I have a bristlenose and he loves broccoli he will eat it until it is gone he seems to like it all the flowers and the stem part.

Back
Top Bottom