Mystery Snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I have a ten gallon with 3 platys, 6 neon tetras and a mystery snail. Whenever I feed them, the platys and tetras gobble every last bit of the food the minute it hits the water! The snail doesn't stand a chance. Should I move him to my other tank (currently empty, but filtered and heated) or should I leave him in his community tank now? I'm not very familiar with snails as we never owned any in our 72 gallon either.

Mine did ok for almost 6 months on just the bit of algae on the tank walls and eating some of the left over Hikari sinking wafers the catfish were eating. He grew almost golf ball size. Curious to see other's posts though.

Cwabby said:
Mine did ok for almost 6 months on just the bit of algae on the tank walls and eating some of the left over Hikari sinking wafers the catfish were eating. He grew almost golf ball size. Curious to see other's posts though.

Algae wafers! I completely forgot about those! That's probably why my ghost shrimp starved after a month :(

I have 4, 2 in a 46g community tank, 1 each in my 2 10g tanks. I feed the fish floating pellets and drop Algae wafers for the snails in each tank & the 2 CAE's in the 46g. Once or twice a week I will feed a fresh veggie like cucumber or zucchini. My fish will also nibble on the wafers but the snails get quite a bit of it, I usually keep looking to make sure I see them getting their share.

Thank you all! Im getting some algae wafers this weekend along with new ghost shrimp for my 2 tanks :)

Algae wafers don't work for me. Once the fish gobble up the food up top, they go down to the bottom and hog the wafer. Blanched zucchini works because the fish don't care for it. Your results may vary.

Zevyn said:
Algae wafers don't work for me. Once the fish gobble up the food up top, they go down to the bottom and hog the wafer. Blanched zucchini works because the fish don't care for it. Your results may vary.

Thanks. I may just move my two snails (I just found out my mystery snails a mommy!) to my separate empty tank and feed them algae wafers

Back
Top Bottom