Need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharmon

Aquarium Advice Freak
While I was in the hospital my daughter wanted to surprise me by getting the new tank onto it's table. She didn't know you had to check for water leaks. Can I just silicone the whole tank?

Can I ask the tank size? I have never repaired a leaking tank. But if its a smaller tank I would just replace it. But if you are a DIY kind of person then you can try and silicone the tank, I assume. Maybe someone else with sealing experience will chime in. Good luck!

I've sealed many tanks i bought cheap 2nd hand or given away. Use GE silicone 1, and make sure and clean all the old out really well first. Just the silicone on the inside. Not the stuff between the panes. There are several good tutorials on you tube

Can I ask the tank size? I have never repaired a leaking tank. But if its a smaller tank I would just replace it. But if you are a DIY kind of person then you can try and silicone the tank, I assume. Maybe someone else with sealing experience will chime in. Good luck!
This is a brand new tank that was in my trunk for a few weeks. The tank size is a 20 gallon long. My daughter just told me she wrapped it in the car cover and strapped it down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom