need opinion on this substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
i found a cory cat fry in one of my tanks last week, i've been keeping it in a jar and i really need to put him in a tank. i think the safest tank i have for it is my 10 gallon, which has 2 mollies and 3 ghost shrimp in it.

i was wondering, do you think this kind of substrate in the picture posted below would be too bad for a cory? i just heard that the wrong kind could damage it's barbels if it's too hard...

it's the substrate in this picture, keep in mind the fry is only about the size of 2 of those pebbles put together:
SickRamNEW3.jpg

sweet! you don't think my mollies would eat it, do you? i highly doubt it, but i know they are naturally omnivorous

they're both about 1.5"

Mollies eating a cory? I doubt it. I have introduced much smaller fish to my tank with no hunting issues. "Saltie" should be fine. Speaking of which, how is he doing in the cup?

well i'm just added him to the tank so it should be fine! guess i'll find out later

i just knew mollies are omnivorous and that's why i figured they MIGHT eat it (i don't really know what they eat in the wild lol)

Back
Top Bottom