Need quick advice on tetra test kit!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abomb

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok i curently use the tetra test kit wich just ran out and was wondering if i shoudl continue with this kit? I read somewhere how it isnt very acurate. IS there a better kit on the market? the nearest pet store, a block away, only has tetra but i could venture to one of the 100s of LFS in my city to get different one. HOwever this might require a long buss trip would it be worth the trip for a different kit????? do all kits just make you compare a color to the color chart suplied? i wish kits where digital and gave you the exact reading. I never know if im reading corect color (im color blind) :*(

Adam

Abomb,

Digital meters for many aquarium tests do exist. For example there are temperature and pH monitors, and even pH controllers and temperature alert-ers. These tests would set you back a lot. They tend to run about $50-$150, depending on just how much they do.

I'm afraid I'm not up on the best reagant test kits ATM. There are many threads on this if you're willing to search... I use the Aquarium Pharmacuticals (Doc Wellfish) brand that a lot of ppl use. I know it's not the best, though. I believe a lot of other ppl have the Hagen test kit.

HTH

Seriously color blind?! Or do you mean that you can't tell greenish green yellow from yellowish green yellow? ^_^

I know there are digital tests for certain parameters, for marine and pond mostly but they are not very cost effective. Full kits are available for professional water reading (as in drinking supply)..also not cost effective unless you run an aquarium or large store. If there is any bet kits out there I haven't found it. AP seems to have the most compolaints against ease of reading. I use Tetra Laborett. I figure if I keep it all at 0 I won't have to sweat "how much"? :lol: (I'm lazy that way)

Wow, I wonder how I'd select fish if I was colorblind....?
Hmmm, prolly the same..I go for habits and character for most fish anyway.
I think my Black Ghost Knife is the most vivid colored fish I have..that and the loaches.

I like the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test kits. They're relatively easy to use and read.

I'm definitely NOT colorblind (had my eyes tested for new glasses a few months ago), but I had a really hard time reading the Hagen test kits. I was tempted to bring the samples into work and run them through the spectrometer to get a numerical reading

The digital meters are the ultimate in ease-of-use and accuracy, but they're very expensive. If I was doing discus or salt water, I would probably give these a look.

Back
Top Bottom