Need suggestions quick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I have a set up 8 g ( quarantine tank ) my gourami is in there now being treated for ich but I need to put 3 black widows and 8 neons in there on Sunday I have an empty 4 g what must I do

Because I'm getting them from the lfs t
On sun this day was ore scheduled before mango got ich I want to put all new fish in my quarantine tank

Sorry for mistakes trying to type and drink coffee

If you have a tank with ich, DO NOT put new fish into this tank. I know you're treating your gourami in the QT, but was he in the main tank when you noticed the ich? If so, you should be treating that main tank and not just the one fish.

i really dont see an use for a quarantine tank.
one of my red eye tetras had ich, ive turned the temperature up for some days and its gone, didnt even use salt.
your gourami might got it because he wasnt eating as you said, and stress which can cause ich too.

look this: http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_ich2.php

Shane l said:
No he was a new fish and all new fish go into QT that's when I noticed the ich so all goo there just should I put my new fish straight into the main tank ?

Is it possible to set a new time to pick up the new fish? That way you can treat the current issues and then you can QT the new fish.

Shane, as scouser mentioned, it's really best for you and your fish (both existing and new) if you wait to pick up the new fish until the gourami is out of quarantine.

You can't rush appropriate fishkeeping. Not if you want to have happy and healthy fish.

It's simply not the best time for you to pick up new fish when you're treating illness.

i really wish but my lfs is not really local and my mom already took time out i bumped it from saturday to sunday though but not to much of a help lol

but i do have an empty 4 gallon (15 l) tank

You can't switch your gourami to the 4 gallon as the ich spores will most likely still be in the QT. In your situation, since you insist on getting the new fish (and I do appreciate it's at your mom's discretion), your ony real choice is to stick the new fish into the main tank. Not a great choice, but given your circumstances, probably the only choice.

Verify before you leave the store that these fish are healthy! If they are not, and show any signs of ich at all (look really carefully), then refuse purchase.

LyndaB said:
Verify before you leave the store that these fish are healthy! If they are not, and show any signs of ich at all (look really carefully), then refuse purchase.

This is great advice Lynda!

Shane don't be afraid to inspect them for a fair amount of time, explain to mum why you are (it'll save her a lot of time and $$ in travel if you buy healthy fish)

If you have a mobile get a few pics of different stages of ich and take them with you for comparisons.

Hopefully they are healthy and you wont have any issues :)

thank you so much for understanding ps no one has helped me as much as you you are a great mentor thank you so much but im going to need your help soon to help with a friends tank she keeps loseing her goldies but her pleco is still ok but in a way to small tank ill add more info on a new thread when i see it thanks again i ow you

Shane l said:
thank you so much for understanding ps no one has helped me as much as you you are a great mentor thank you so much but im going to need your help soon to help with a friends tank she keeps loseing her goldies but her pleco is still ok but in a way to small tank ill add more info on a new thread when i see it thanks again i ow you

Just keep us informed with your gourami and the new fish too :)

oh great news! my gourami ate frozen bloodworms today and nearly flakes but the filter stole it lol. and i was so worried about my new tanks light but my old sword grew a cm !!!!!!!!!!in one day and wierd thing my cory is super happy alone wierd hey

Be patient with the gourami and remember that you want him in QT until at least 2 weeks after you've seen the last ich spot on him.

Back
Top Bottom