Need to fix my inappropriate stocking. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True, true, this is a hobby were no one person can know it all. I have spoken with some renowned keepers, and they knew nothing say of Dwarf shrimp, or some other specific type of fish or type of system used by people.

So learning is fun, preferably before you have the critters to take care of, and even some of who have been caring for aqua critters for 40 years, (or 20, or 30 or 50 - lol) vDon't know it all. I asked a guy who has been taking care of and breeding a certain kind of fish for many years and a keeper for probaly 60 years, a question about them and he didn't have an answer for me ( I was surprised, but he knew to send me to someone else for an answer).

Even something I might know works for me might not for someone else.

Kashif314, you are doing well to want to take care of the fish as best you possibly can!!!

Keep reading, comparing info and sifting through the comments to try and find the best answers for you and your water critters!

@Nirbhao

When I said some people pass same info for all fish I meant about few people who just read a particular thing and apply that to all fish.

Like I had one topic for that about bloodworms where I mentioned about why bloodworms are unhealthy for carnivorous fish.

On other forums people say they are unhealthy and like junk food or Macdonalds for fish.

When I ask why? No one has a right answer. Just because they read bloodworms are unhealthy on some Internet article which was meant for herbivores fish or mbunas. But they apply the same rule for there carnivorous fish too and spread the same info to others. They feed krill or shrimp happily in every meal to there carnivorous but avoid bloodworms which have the same level of nutrients like krill.

I am learner and search Google and forums and trying to rectify mistakes I did.

Thats a great post.....along with all the studying as you gain hands on experience you become well rounded. But what makes this game unique is there are so many variables. Many that we cant see or measure.

It is good that you are being proactive and doing the right thing. Most people on here won't do that. For example, some people are trying to put 30 gallon fish (Apistos) into a 5 gallon and say it is alright. Got into an argument recently with someone on that, before I gave up knowing they would not listen to facts no matter how hard I tried.

Look at it this way, would you rather keep fish you want, seeing them miserable everyday, or would you rather have fish that work for your aquarium that are happy, which in turn makes you happy? You will make the right decision.

It is good that you are being proactive and doing the right thing. Most people on here won't do that. For example, some people are trying to put 30 gallon fish (Apistos) into a 5 gallon and say it is alright. Got into an argument recently with someone on that, before I gave up knowing they would not listen to facts no matter how hard I tried.

Look at it this way, would you rather keep fish you want, seeing them miserable everyday, or would you rather have fish that work for your aquarium that are happy, which in turn makes you happy? You will make the right decision.
Yes I agree. That is why I already gave back my most beloved Archers.

Back
Top Bottom