New arrival quarantine stress from being solitary?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nsx

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to get an Albino Tiger Barb to replace one that I recently lost. Since my last new arrival brought ich, I'm going to play it safe, and from now on, all new arrivals get 2 weeks QT.

Since conventional wisdom says that Tigers do better in groups of 6 or more, will a lone Tiger be stressed from being alone in a tank for 2 weeks before he can join the rest of the Tiger Barbs in the main tank?

Well, he'll have some Cories to keep him company in QT, but that's about it.

He'll be fine; keep in mind its for a limited time. He won't be living his life as a single barb :)

Great! Hopefully the single Tiger will leave the Cories alone too. When I first got the Tiger Barb school, I started with 3, so as to avoid overwhelming the bio-filter at the time, and they pretty much left the Cories alone. Hopefully that's the case for a lone Tiger too.

Just remember the cories will have to stay with the Barb the whole time. You will not be able to take out the cories in a week's time if the other tank is well. You probably knew that :wink:

Yup, I had taken that into account. The main tank is about 1/2 week into the high temperature ich treatment. So that means that the Cories have about 1 1/2 weeks to go in QT, then factoring in the time needed to drop the temperature in the main tank back to normal, that's about 2 weeks, so the Cories and Tiger could be reintroduced to the main tank together. :)

Back
Top Bottom