New cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrskater1999

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. I have a 26 gallon tank with 2 very small African cichlids a black Molly, a black lace angelfish, a sunburst Platy, and a Glofish. I will move all the fish when the cichlids get bigger. Any other fish I could get?

jrskater1999 said:
Hi. I have a 26 gallon tank with 2 very small African cichlids a black Molly, a black lace angelfish, a sunburst Platy, and a Glofish. I will move all the fish when the cichlids get bigger. Any other fish I could get?

The African cichlids shouldn't be with any of those fish! They need a 55G tank because of aggression. The other fish are fine. I would make the glo-fish a school of 5-6. I think the angelfish need bigger tank size but you said you will rehome them later or bigger tank. The African cichlids could kill your other fish so I would return them.

I'm going to move the others very soon. Do rainbow sharks go with cichlids?

Not at all. You really need to research the fish you have already in my opinion. They simply are not compatible and you are overstocked.

People listen to me. I have researched these fish for months and I am moving the others!!

People listen to me. I have researched these fish for months and I am moving the others!!

So you know that you need at least a 55 gallon for your africans? :) No one is trying to be harsh, just telling you what you need to know to keep the fish properly. Believe me, I was in your shoes not so long ago :)

Back
Top Bottom