New Fluval Fx6 - sloshing and microbubbles - help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPA

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just setup a 75 gallon freshwater tank on Sunday afternoon. I splurged on a fluval fx6 filter which is now having problems.

It will run fine for about an hour. After that it starts to spit out thousands of microbubbles and I can hear a sloshing sound coming from the cannister. If I turn the filter off and on it fixes itself, only for the bubbles and sloshing to come back again after about an hour.

It seems clear that there is air in the canister, but I have no idea how to fix it. Last night I disconnected the intake and output hoses and reconnected them to make sure they were tight. I did the same with the cannister cover. There is no slack in the hoses. I've read that certain types of media can cause this, but I literally just have the media in there that came with the filter.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it just a matter of waiting a few days for it to settle?

Thanks!

How full did you fill it up when you put the water into the canister?

Can't recall at the moment I think it should be half or 3/4 full - should be in the booklet.

Then opening the valves into the canister should be done in an order again I can't recall. I had a terrible problem with micro bubbles at one point and it was because of air bubbles inside it. Also the plugging it in to start it, all done in a certain order.

How full did you fill it up when you put the water into the canister?

Can't recall at the moment I think it should be half or 3/4 full - should be in the booklet.

Then opening the valves into the canister should be done in an order again I can't recall. I had a terrible problem with micro bubbles at one point and it was because of air bubbles inside it. Also the plugging it in to start it, all done in a certain order.

Thanks for the tip. So I was able to solve the problem by raising my water level in the tank above where the intake connected to the hose going to the filter - there must have been some leakage there.

Back
Top Bottom