New Freshwater Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishgal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just recently got a new Brazilian freshwater puffer and was wonderig if anyone could give me any tips on keeping him. I've tried searching the web for info but all I can find is the usual like size, origin, temp., ph, temperment. Just wondering if anyone out there has some experience with this fish and could give me some tips!!!

:multi:

It grows to 60mm, it originated in S.Asia, it eats live fish and lettuce and the temperature should be about 24 degrees celcius(75 F)

It is very intolerant and agressive...and in my experience it even attacked plants :|

Also..the pufferfish are potential predators for all the fish in your tank. If you decide on buying one remember that any fish that are slow moving and small will be eaten. A way to prevent this is too keep a lot of hiding space for other fish in the same tank.
They are also really messy eaters.
They prefer hard water...ph over 6.0
OHh and one more thing...don't try to make pufferfish puff up. I know it looks funny and all but it is extremely stressful for the fish because it only puffs up when it is endangered. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom