Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-09-2022, 10:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

New plants established tank

Hello.

I am new to this group. I have had fish for years and ran a hermit crab ab rescue for many years till my parkinson's got in the way. We have only 4 goldfish (from the fair from 7 yrs ago.) We have two freshwater mussels.

I harvested some duck weed and wavy pond weed. I have it rinsed and soaking to make sure nothing nasty transfers into our tank.

I from my limited understanding the duck weed I can just toss it in?

The pond weed, does it need anchored in some way? It was floating where I harvested but I wasn't sure.

And live plant advice is also welcome and appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

The duck weed yes you can just put that in it will float and multiply with little effort I'm not sure about the pond weed though iv never had any in my tanks
Old 08-12-2022, 04:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you. I'm still soaking my plants and changing water in separate containers to make sure there aren't any nasty hitch hikers.

Tags
established tank, new plants, plant, plants, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com