New stuff finally installed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
A two hour job took about six as last night when I was doing the plumbing I found a leak in my inline PH probe port. So, after working on it for four hours last night I took it out to reseal it. Two hours of mucking with that side (filter inlet) this afternoon it finally got done with no leaks. Output side had no leaks last night.

Five pound CO2 tank with AquariumPlants.com Carbon Doser 2 regulator.

Hydor 300w inline heater.

DIY CO2 reactor.

Milwaukee SMS122 PH controller with DIY inline probe port.

Aquatop CF400UV.

Attachments

• image-2069846790.jpg
    image-2069846790.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-270830374.jpg
    image-270830374.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 83
  • image-106826297.jpg
    image-106826297.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 98
Still no leaks, that's the good. The bad, drop checker color has not changed (thread concerning this is in Planted Aquarium forum).

The Hydor heater is great! Set at 78f and the in tank thermometer is right at 78f. With my other in tank heater I would have to set it at 75f to hold a temp of 78f. Don't know what's up with that.

Thank you very much. I would like more height on the background plants but that comes with time so I will just have to wait. And I want to find a replacement for the wisteria as I don't really like it.

So you have a probe, reactor, and heater all hooked up inline? Are you noticing any reduced flow? What order do you have your stuff hooked up (inc the Filter)?

Cool setup btw. I love the ingenuity.

aqua_chem said:
So you have a probe, reactor, and heater all hooked up inline? Are you noticing any reduced flow? What order do you have your stuff hooked up (inc the Filter)?

Cool setup btw. I love the ingenuity.
Thank you.
It goes:
Tank -> PH probe -> filter -> reactor -> heater -> tank.

I have not noticed any flow reduction, still flows as strong as before all this stuff was added in.

The heater is a straight pipe with no obstructions inside of it so nothing to reduce flow there.

The PH probe is made of one inch PVC and the probe end just sticks in the flow so no flow blockage there either.

The reactor is the only thing that could cause flow reduction but that is made of two inch PVC. It is filled with 20 one inch bio-balls which fill up a little more than half of the chamber. It is also screened on the outlet end so a bio-ball cannot get stuck in the outlet fitting.

I was tempted to buy a flow meter the other day just so I could test the difference. Might still do it but need to get my drop checker/KH issue dealt with first.

adadkins1 said:
Very nice setup!
Thank you.

kenbob said:
How are you liking everything so far? I like your tank.

I love the filter. Best aquarium investment I have made. The new heater comes in at a close second. It keeps a seriously stable temp in the tank.

These are the first CO2 systems I have used but I like them. Easy to adjust and lock in and the low voltage solenoid runs very cool. The Milwaukee PH probe is very accurate and makes it easy as I don't have to turn the system off.

I bought a new plant today, not sure what it is (some type of ludwigia I think). So hopefully I can remove that wisteria soon.

Back
Top Bottom