New tank, new stock help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I know more about my tank now so was hoping u could help me more, I have a 48" long 12" wide and 15" high tank, I'm getting a fluval 205 external filter and a 150watt heater and I think I'm gonna go with sand for the bottom. I want a community tank with a centre piece fish, but really not sure wat I can have. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

jetajockey said:
Hi. You have several options with that size tank. I'd probably just go with a single angelfish or angelfish pair.

Hello, do u mean have the angelfish as the centre piece fish? Or jus have only the angel fish in the tank??

That is a nice size tank. You could do a pair of pearl gouramis or maybe a nice school of rainbows. There are a lot of possibilities.

rich311k said:
That is a nice size tank. You could do a pair of pearl gouramis or maybe a nice school of rainbows. There are a lot of possibilities.

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be as big lol. I like the look of those pearl gouramis I'm gonna look into them. I was originally thinking of maybe a couple of schooling fish and one centre piece is this possible??

jetajockey said:
Angelfish at the centerpiece with some schoolers like danio choprai or black neons and some small corys like panda corys for the bottom.

Cool, I like the sound of this, gonna try find some Pics of the danio choprais and panda corys not sure wat they look like. Lol

jetajockey said:
Angelfish at the centerpiece with some schoolers like danio choprai or black neons and some small corys like panda corys for the bottom.

Could I have a dwarf gourami with an angelfish? Or would they get aggressive towards each other??

Back
Top Bottom