Newer member 1st thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PAYNEheynow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey now, 1st post on this site, I've been on this site for the past few months and learned a lot. Been into aquariums for about a year now and loving it :) So I wanted to post a few pics of my display tank and see what you guys think, is it over-stocked, under-stocked, ugly or dumb lol just looking for opinions on how to improve. I also am wondering why none of my fish have bred yet lol

its a 60 gallon tall cichlid tank
lighting on done by a pair of Fluval strip LED's
filtering is done by a Fluval 206 and a Fluval C3
not sure all the names of my fish lol
2 Venesus
3 Demisoni
2 Rainbow Sharks
2 Blue Cobalts
2 Convics
3 Cherry Fin somethings lol
and few others i cant name lol

Sorry for the picture quality

Attachments

• Picture 979.jpg
    Picture 979.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Picture 975.jpg
    Picture 975.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Picture 976.jpg
    Picture 976.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Picture 977.jpg
    Picture 977.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 114
Welcome, glad you joined us & shared pictures. I really like your tank & your fish are gorgeous!
I have FW community tanks so have no experience with cichlids but I bet you get a lot of enjoyment from your tank & that s why we have them, right?

Welcome to AA Payne. You've found an awesome forum. Lots of great people willing to help each other and LOTS of posts and articles to research. Glad to have you in the family. OS.

Nice setup. I would like to point out that convict cichlids are not an African species and don't have the same water requirements as your other cichlids

Very nice tank. I was in the same boat as you, been around and digging for a few months before creating an account last week. This place is great.

I would suggest though (if possible) try to separate the overhanging stones some more. When they get larger, they'll set a territory in 2 or 3 sections if they are close together. With more space between, they will claim just one or two and allow others some territory to claim of their own under the rock overhangs.

Add - On top of spacing the rocks, make sure that the base of them are on the bottom of the tank and also tall enough above the gravel that they can fit underneath the overhangs. If they won't fit, and they want that to be their territory, they will dig the gravel out. And with the digging, if the rock is sitting on the gravel, that'll fall into the pit being dug and collapse the overhang. I've had that happen a couple times with my cichlids before and lost one from getting pinned under a rock.

+1, love this thread. I use to be a part of "that other site" but I found that I was coming here most times to get information. I finally switched :)
Nice tank, I see a toaster oven so I am assuming its in the kitchen. Best place for an aquarium IMO! Cooking is so stressful when you hate to cook, but not when you have something beautiful to stare at!:fish1:

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread, I enjoy reading everyone's feedback.

Nice tank! I love the aquascape with the plants on one side and the rocks down the other. Good idea! The Fish must love it!

Back
Top Bottom