Not a Ropefish, not a Golden Dojo Loach...???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TLockhart89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I went to my LFS about a week ago and saw a fish that I was simply amazed with. All I can remember is the name started with a G. It was right next to the Ropefish tank and had similar features. It had the snake like face and fins close to it's face, pale orange in color. I tried to google it because I wanted to show my husband before I went out and bought it; it was about $30 for just one. I could not find anything. I kept running into the Golden Dojo Loach but that is not it. It has a more snake like face like the Ropefish. Anyone know what I am talking about??? lol :banghead:

So I went to my LFS about a week ago and saw a fish that I was simply amazed with. All I can remember is the name started with a G. It was right next to the Ropefish tank and had similar features. It had the snake like face and fins close to it's face, pale orange in color. I tried to google it because I wanted to show my husband before I went out and bought it; it was about $30 for just one. I could not find anything. I kept running into the Golden Dojo Loach but that is not it. It has a more snake like face like the Ropefish. Anyone know what I am talking about??? lol :banghead:

Prehistoric looking snake monster ?
https://vine.co/v/bt6rlbe5mPi/embed

It's a goby dragonfish I believe I looked at one the other day. I know it's a dragonfish goby might be wrong the guy told me it was a brackish fish

I thought I would try lol it wasn't this was it? It's eel like and orange

View attachment 176117

No, like I said it had the snake like face as the Ropefish has. Not to mention if I could go to Petsmart and buy it for $2 verses the $30 they want at my LFS...that would be awesome but I have never seen this particular fish at a Petsmart or PetCo.

I think I found it! May be a little late
A pipefish

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+836+3108&pcatid=3108

It was in fact an Albino Bichir, not sure where I got the "G" from. lol
I went back to my LFS thinking about buying one but ended up getting a Burmese Zebra Eel instead. lol

It was in fact an Albino Bichir, not sure where I got the "G" from. lol
I went back to my LFS thinking about buying one but ended up getting a Burmese Zebra Eel instead. lol

I figured it would be a bichir. They are in the same family as Ropefish. (y)

Back
Top Bottom