Orange Blood Parrot turning pale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millimowze

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my parrot fish for about 3 months now and just within the last 2 days Ive noticed her color has been fading out...her diet has been the same, she eats Cichlid Gold pellets, which are good for color, some brine shrimp flakes, and fozen blood worms which are absolute favorite. I test my water periodically and currently the water is testing well. Right now her tank buddies are a mid-sized pleco, a small pictus catfish, and a small albino frog. Within the last month and a half I lost all 3 of my young clown loaches, not understanding why(Thought possibly they got picked on by her). Despite her color showing a little fade, her and the other fish are acting normal and healthy! Any help would be appreciated!

How are you testing the water (test strips or liquid test kit) and can you post the actual numbers for ammonia nitrites and nitrates? Usually fading color is due to stress. Any other marks on the fish?

Back
Top Bottom