Overly Aggressive Anglefish - Urgent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We got a new angel today and it's being harassed by another angel in the tank. He won't leave the new one alone and keeps biting and chasing the new one around the tank. The new one is bigger than the others. What should I do? I can move the aggressor temporarily to another tank. Not sure what to do.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could. For few days. Let the new angelfish establish a territry, then put the other back in

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Okay so my mom basically put him on time out for a few minutes in a big net and now he has settled down

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With angels, you never know.
They're usually not very friendly towards each other in a confined space but there are exceptions.
As mentioned, moving the older angel to another tank for a while "might" work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The solution is bigger tank and more angels. I have 7 in a 150 gallon tank and they all get along, even when breeding. I originally had 2 in a 90, and one was constantly harassing the other. I put the subdominant one in my 150 with large fish and he thrived. Months later, I added the aggressor and the tables turned and he became the subdominant fish. Order was restored when I added more angels.

I have 2 in my 40 an they are fine with each other hopeing ones a male an female

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom